Bruny Surin : The me I see is the me I’ll be
Bruny Surin, olympic champion, businessman and coach.
Born in 1967 in Cap-Haïtien, Bruny Surin is one of the best sprinters in the world. A four-time Olympian, he played a key role in one of Canada’s most important sporting moments by helping his team win gold in the 4x100m relay at the 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympic Games.
Thanks to his perseverance and his mantra, “The me I see is the me I’ll be”, this track & field giant has gained a track record of success:
- Four participation at the Olympic Games
- Olympic champion at the 4×100 m (1996)
- 7th fastest sprinter of all time in the 100m in athletics
- Eight-time Canadian champion in the 100m and Canadian record holder in the 100m (9.84sec) and 60m (6.45s)
- Twice vice-world champion in the 100m
- Two-time world champion in the 60m indoor
- Two-time world champion relay 4 × 100 m
- Member of the Canadian Olympic Hall of Fame, Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame and Quebec’s Sports Hall of Fame.
- Recipient of the Diamond Jubilee Medal of Queen Elizabeth II and the Ordre national du Québec
In addition, Bruny is an accomplished businessman. In addition to investing in the real estate industry, he is at the head of Sprint Management Inc., an organization that develops business partnerships and offers motivational speaker and mentoring services to the business community everywhere in the world. In 2009, he launched his sportwear line, Surin Clothing,and founded a short while later the Bruny Surin Foundation,whose mission is to promote a healthy and active lifestyle among young people and fight against school dropout.
Bruny Surin’s Partners
The City of Laval's Special Events and Communications team had the opportunity to work in collaboration with Bruny Surin during the 4th edition of the Laval à Velo event in September 2018, where Bruny acted as spokesperson. We were all won over by his great openness and flexibility in bringing all our ideas to life during his mandate. He took his role as spokesperson seriously, took ownership of the mandate, and took care to prepare himself adequately and to know our event well. As a result, he far surpassed our expectations. He was also very available to meet our needs in terms of creating tools: filming, photo shoots, media presence, etc. He was also very helpful in the development of our event. We are more than satisfied with this partnership and we strongly recommend Bruny's participation as the official spokesperson for an event.